Travel Map

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cleveland time!

Hello ya'll!

After being in a wedding in Indianapolis, I am on my way. Where and I? I'm in Cleveland, Ohio to visit Ms. Cipriano! It took me about 5 and a half hours to travel from Indianapolis to Cleveland. I got here around 5:00pm. (Students: Can you figure out what time I left Indy?) Sorry, but I don't have pictures yet because I have to upload my photos. I should have some posted by the end of the day tomorrow.

Lots of things reminded me of this school year on my way to Cleveland. On my way here, I passed up some of the land where Johnny Appleseed roamed and I thought about our play. Langston Hughes, author of the poem we acted out called April Rain Song, attended high school in Cleveland. For those of you that like Superman, you may like to know that the creators of Superman were from here too!

My book recommendation is a book from a local author named Tricia Springstubb. The book is called What Happened on Fox Street. I have also visited two of the cutest dogs on earth, Pixie and Cargo. They inspired a search for some dog books. Here is a list of some fiction and non-fiction reads: http://pbskids.org/martha/parentsteachers/activities/books.html

Tomorrow is my longest travel day of the trip from Cleveland to Montpelier. I'll probably post late tomorrow night.

Hasta Manana!


1 comment: