Travel Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MOO-ving on to Vermont!



Knock! Knock!

Who's there?
Ice cream soda!
Ice cream

soda who?
ICE CREAM SODA PEOPLE CAN

HEAR ME…


Ben and Jerry's Factory was my main destination today. The ice cream creation place is in a small town NW of Montpelier called Waterbury, VT. It was hard work having to sample all of that ice cream, but someone had to do it. I tried something called Bonnaroo something and some strange ice cream with potato chips in it. They were both surprisingly yummy!

Although I wasn't able to take pictures inside the factory, I was able to take some photos elsewhere including outside and in the tasting area. I also visited the "Flavor Graveyard" where not-so-popular flavors and flavors that were too expensive to continue making now reside or rest. My tongue and tummy were happy from visiting the factory and I am sure you wish you could reach through the computer and take some too. Unfortunately, you will just have to taste with your eyes!

Random Cow/Ice cream facts:

Ben and Jerry's ice cream only uses cow milk from small farms and will be using only fair trade products by 2013.

A cow can make enough milk to make 1 and a half gallons of ice cream a day.

A cow can drink up to 75 gallons of water a day!


BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Since I was surrounded by cow trivia today, I must recommend a cow book. Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin is a silly book about persuasive cows that teach you that creativity and persistence can pay off!

On a side note, I tried to go for a bike ride today with no luck because I had to get some repairs done on it. Hopefully I'll do a bike ride tomorrow in Stowe, Vermont!


Lots of love to my family, students, and friends!


2 comments:

  1. I like your joke about the ice cream. joey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joey! Have you heard any other new jokes lately?

    ReplyDelete