Travel Map

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coming Soon on June 12th: Excellent Adventure

Hello kiddos, parents, friends, and family!

This is a place for my students (and my friends and family) to follow along with me on my trip to the east coast this summer. The topic of road trips came up in class and the kids seemed excited about learning more about the places I'll be traveling to this summer. I will be reading lots of books since that is one of my favorite things to do! I will be reading some books for teachers, including Mosaic of Thought by Ellin Keene, some books for school, and some books for just pure entertainment!

When I'm on my journey, I will check my blog daily for comments or questions on the areas that I'll be traveling to. I hope it's an interactive experience. I challenge you students to calculate distances between cities and add up the total mileage of the trip. Check in for some suggestions on books you can get from the Acorn Library and some other book recommendations inspired by the trip or your questions.

I am taking this journey to visit some friends and family and also to learn more about the history of certain areas. I hope that you kiddos will learn more about what other places are like by reading my blog.

I think it will be fun! There's a small chance the trip may need to get cut short, but here is the rough plan of my traveling as of now:

Indianapolis- June 12
Cleveland- June 13
Vermont- June 14-19
Boston- June 20 (Possibly)
NYC- June 21-24
Washington DC- June 24-27 (Capitol Tour, White House)
Fayetteville, NC and Myrtle Beach- June 27-30
Savannah, GA- June 30-July 5 (History Tours)
Asheville, NC- July 5-7
Bloomington, IN- July 7-8 (Indiana University)
Chicago, IL by July 9th- for L.A.T.E. Ride!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Meg! I just stopped for lunch on my way to Cleveland. I'm trying to figure out how to load a map up in here...

    ReplyDelete